NUTANIX X-RAY VALIDATION FAILED
Cause of issue:-
Command failure occurred on the out-of-band power management for node”1″ with address “IP”
Impact of Issue:-
There is network connectivity to , but power management commands are failing.
- Please check the configured username and password for the power management controller with address
- Please also ensure that “IPMI oven lan” is enabled for the powermanagement controller, a
- network connection to on UDP port 623 are allowed.
Here I just enabled IPMI over Lan in Lenovo XCC
It was disbaled by default
To enable clik on right side of IPMI over LAN
For more information about Lenovo XClarity Controller(XCC)
XCC can also be accessed remotely through industry-standard interfaces:
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) Version 2.0
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Version 3 supported (no SET commands)
- Version 1 supported, traps only*
- Common Information Model (CIM-XML)
- Data Center Manageability Interface (DCMI) Version 1.5
- (REST API ) support
- Redfish support version 1.2.0 and schema version 2017.1
- Web browser – HTML 5-based browser interface (Java and ActiveX not required) using a responsive design (content optimized for device being used – laptop, tablet, phone) with NLS support
Feature of the Lenovo XCC :-
Lenovo XClarity Controller XCC offers the following capabilities:
- LCM :- Gathering and viewing system information and inventory of the entire hardware
- Monitoring :- system status and health
- Alerting and notifications vi SMTP
- Event logging for Syslog Server
- Configuring network connectivity for Operating System
- Updating system firmware (BIOS, XCC. etc)
- Configuring server settings and devices like raid, partition
- Real-time power usage monitoring as well as CPU
- Remotely controlling server power (Power on, Power off, Restart)
- Redirecting serial console via IPMI interface
- Remote console of the operating system.
- Security :- FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
Nutanix X-Ray comes pre-configured with over 50 benchmarks, which can be easily disabled or enabled, according to the need of the benchmarking tool. It includes detailed information about the workloads running on each platform and a detailed overview of the traffic that the workload generates. The workloads generated by the benchmarks are specified using a pdf ,zip file that can be directly input into Nutanix X-Ray. The software supports parallel testing across multiple processors and can easily detect hangs in the benchmark processes. Moreover, the interface makes it easy to build and configure the workloads with ease.
The Nutanix HCI has enabled fast deployment of software on the virtualized infrastructure. Nutanix tools like Nutanix Prism allow organizations to easily monitor and track server utilization, storage utilization, bandwidth, and total resource utilization. This enables organizations to quickly evaluate and measure infrastructure investments and improvements. Organizations can easily obtain enterprise-grade performance from their Nutanix servers with easy access through the web.
Click to know more about Lenovo XCC