- How to install centos in VMware workstation step by step.
- Centos ISO installation URLs:-
- VMware Workstation :-
- The Latest CentOS 8.0.1905 documentation from centos Site.
How to install CentOS in VMware workstation step by step.
Links for the VMware workstation and Centos :-
Intel/AMD virtualization technologies/ AMD–V.
Make Sure Virtualization technology is enabled in your laptop of computers bios setting.
Centos ISO installation URLs:-
VMware Workstation :-
- Windows :- https://download3.vmware.com/software/wkst/file/VMware-workstation-full-15.5.6-16341506.exe
- Linux :- https://download3.vmware.com/software/wkst/file/VMware-Workstation-Full-15.5.6-16341506.x86_64.bundle
1. Open the VMware workstation and click on “Create a New Virtual Machine” as per the below
2. Select the option “Typical (recommended)” as highlighted below and click on “Next”
3. Select the option “I will install the operating system later” and click on “Next” as seen
4. Since we are installing CentOS, we will need to select the option “Linux”.
Since I have a 64-bit processor, I am going with CentOS 64-bit installation.
You are requested to select the option CentOS 32-bit if your processor is 32-bit processor.
5. Virtual machine name will be captured automatically. ‘
The location by default will be a C drive. Since I prefer different location, I prefer different location as seen below(recommended).
6. Since the recommended size for CentOS 64-bit is 20 GB,
I am going with 30 GB as per the below screenshot. After entering the same, Click on “Next”
7. Click on “Customize Hardware” as seen below :-
8. Set the memory as 2048 MB as per the below screenshot:
You can also customize virtual CPU as per your requirements.
9. Give the CentOS ISO path with the New CD / DVD option and click on “Close”
Browse the ISO file with your local PC/Laptop.
10. Click on “Finish” as per the below screenshot
11. We will see new entry of CentOS 64-bit being created with our VMware inventory.
Click on any one of the play option as per the below screenshot for the installation to start:
12. Click on the “Install or upgrade an existing system” as per the below screenshot:
13. Click on the “Skip” option as per the below screenshot:
If installation media is not found then start test by click “OK”.
14. Click on the “Next” as seen below:
15. Select the default language as “English” and click on “Next” as per the below screenshot:
16. Select “Basic Storage Devices” and click on “Next” as per the below screenshot:
17. Click on “Yes, discard any data” followed by “Next” as per the below screenshot:
18. We can keep this as default and click on “Next”
19. Select the city as “Kolkata” by hovering the mouse on the Kolkata city and click on “Next”
as per the below screenshot:
20. Set the root password and click on “Next” as per the below screenshot:
21. The package’s installation will start as seen with the below screenshot:
22. The systems will need to reboot as per the below screenshot:
23. Finally, Installation is completed you will see Centos desktop after reboot.
You can log in with root user or normal user.
For basic Linux commands follow this post Useful Linux commands
CenotOS documentation can be found from below external link
The Latest CentOS 8.0.1905 documentation from centos Site.
- Performing a standard CentOS installation :- Installing CentOS 8.0.1905 using the graphical user interface
- Performing an advanced CentOS installation :- Installing CentOS 8.0.1905 using Kickstart installation
- Installing, managing, and removing user space components :- Introduction to AppStream and BaseOS in CentOS 8.0.1905