AVAMAR SOFTWARE INSTALLATION STEP BY STEP
DellEMC Avamar administrator is a graphical user based management console software that is used to do administrator related tasks of avamar system from a certified client operating system like Windows and linux.Avamar is a client & server network backup and restore solution.
An avamar appliance consist of one or more avamar certified nodes or severs and the network servers or desktop clients backup data into those servers.
Avamar appliance is typically installed on Dell power edge servers which is a self-contained, rack-mountable, network-addressable devices that runs Avamar server software on the Linux operating system.
Avamar system is consist of the following devices
- Avamar Server
- Avamar Nodes
- Disk drive storage on the node
- Stripe on the disk drive
- Object on the stripe
Avamar system has a data server which is used for performing backup, restore, validation of the consistency.
Below are the steps for installation
Rack Mount Avamar Server
Provide Dual Power cable & Ethernet Connectivity
Power on Avamar Server
Initialize & Install Avamar Server Software
a) Network Configuration
Login Avamar Server by Putty
Enter the IP address
Enter the default username and password.
Login as : root
At the command prompt, type the following command:
To enter the IPv4 IP Configuration, press 1
- Press 1 again to enter the IPv4 Address and Prefix (for example 192.168.10.X/24 or192.168.10.X/255.255.255.0).
- Press 2 to enter the IPv4 Default Gateway address.
- Press 4 when complete to return to the main menu.
- Press 3 to enter the DNS Settings
- Press 1 to enter the Primary Nameserver IP address. Both IPv4 and IPv6
- addresses are supported.
Go to Network devices and configure the network setting
Enter IP and hostname
Enter domain name and gateway
Avamar Package Transfer on /usr/local/avamar/src directory by WinSCP
From /usr/local/Avamar/src to data01/Avamar/repo/packages
Check Preconfiguration parameter
Enter the Ip address of AVMAR node in brower
Now Type https://:8543/avi
Click on Install
Fill the required information
Enter the credentiol to fininsh configuration
Installation of Avamar will get start
Installation completed successfully
Additional Steps :-
Editing the site name for ESRS
- Open a command shell:
a. Log in to the server as admin.
b. Switch user to root by typing:
- Type the following commands to launch the utility and change the site name:
avsetup_ connectemc.pl –site_name=site_name
Where site_name is the name of the customer site.
- Disable and then enable ConnectEMC.
Enabling and disabling ConnectEMC provides detailed information.
- Restart MCS
Registering with ESRS :-
- Export the ESRS Gateway certificate:
a. Point a browser at https://esrs_gateway:9443
where esrs_gateway is the hostname or IP address of the local ESRS gateway.
b. Use the browser’s functionality to export the certificate.
For example, in Internet Explorer 11:
i. Click the lock icon in the URL field and select View Certificates.
ii. Click the Details tab.
iii. Click Copy to File and complete the steps in the Certificate Export Wizard.
- Copy the exported certificate to a temporary location on the Avamar server.
- Open a command shell and log in by using one of the following methods:
● For a single-node server, log in to the server as admin.
● For a multi-node server, log in to the utility node as admin.
- Switch user to root by running the following command:
- Back up the keystore by typing the following command on one line:
cp -p /usr/local/avamar/lib/rmi_ssl_keystore /usr/local/avamar/lib/rmi_ssl_keystore.bak
- Import the ESRS server certificate into the keystore by typing the following command on one line:
keytool -importcert -keystore /usr/local/avamar/lib/rmi_ssl_keystore -storepass password
Replace password with the keystore password. Replace certfile with the name of the ESRS server certificate, including its
- Restart the MCS by typing the following command:
See also :- DellEMC ESRS