DELL EMC NX3240 is for small and midsized companies that support Windows Storage as core OS.
Dell EMC NX Windows NAS storage devices combine the most recent Dell EMC PowerEdge server technologies using Windows Storage Server 2016,2019 Standard Edition from Microsoft for quick deployment, simple management, and improved functionality of server manager.
- Easy to use, using RDP, you can connect the storage.
- 2U rack mounted system with Scale-out functionality.
- The Latest SMB 3.1 features that support Hyper-V and failover cluster.
- The Storage NX3240 comes with up to 64 GB of memory and 192 TB of raw capacity.
- Enhancements to Storage quality of service, Thin provisioning data de-duplication and ReFS(Replacement of NTFS).
- Inbuilt Unified Storage capability.
- Support Major client OS
- Storage-agnostic, block-level, synchronous replication between servers or clusters
- The NX3240 storage system has dual processor socket for Hyper-threading.
- It’s a comfortable and centralized management interface is effective for both the single and windows failover-cluster configurations.
- It Supports SATA, NL-SAS and SAS drives.
- Hot-plug hard drives, hot-plug redundant power, hot-plug redundant cooling.
The Dell EMC NX Windows NAS Unified storage is an inexpensive storage solution for customers who need the ease of Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019 along with the ability of Dell EMC storage and PowereEdge servers.
Disk array expansion is not supported for this NAS box. For expansions need to add supported SAS HBA or PERC (Power-edge raid controller)H840 card and attach MD1400/MD1420 expansion modules.
Supported Hard drives :-
- NL-SAS (7.2K): 4TB, 8TB
- SATA (7.2K): 2TB, 4TB
- 1.2TB FIPs, 1.8TB SAS (15K): 600GB
- 8TB FIPS, 10TB, 12TB SAS (10K): 600GB, 1.2TB
- Create Share folder in NX 3240
- Open Server manager On Dell NX 3240
- Click on File & storage services
- Click on Share tab
- Select File share Profile
Click on File & storage services
- Make share Folder Name
- Give Permissions to shareholder
- Click on close to Exit
For more details DELLEMC NX3240