HOW TO CONFIGURE VNXE3200/UNITY WITH CMD FOR INSTALLATION
The Dell EMC unity Storage is a hybrid flash where you can install both HDD and
SSD. So you can reduce costs and optimize your storage for your requirement.
Dell EMC Unity Storage supports the following features :-
- Support for inline compression
- Flash Pool
- zero detect.
1) IPMI configuration
IPMI usefull for telnet and ssh on service port.
2) You can download same from support.emc.com
Download and extract the files in F:\ipmitool or any location.
Verify the following four files are installed in folder:
3) Client network setup
Connect the cable in Service port and assign IP to your laptop in this range. 184.108.40.206/24
EMC BMC private IP addresses: 220.127.116.11 for SP A, and 18.104.22.168 for SP B.
4) Connect the storage with following command
A sample command is provided below:
Ipmitool.exe –I lanplus –C 3 –U console –P <password> -H <host> sol activate
- BMC IP address, 22.214.171.124 for SP A, or 126.96.36.199 for SP B
5) CHeck storage status with the following a commnad
svc_initial_config –a -f STorage1 –n “192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1”
run command in cmd and assign IP address